Friday, July 8, 2011

Wisdom

"I love all who love me.  Those who search will surely find me.  I have riches and honor as well as enduring wealth and justice.  My gifts are better than gold, even the purest gold, my wages better than sterling silver!  I walk in righteousness, in paths of justice.  Those who love me inherit wealth.  I will fill their treasures."
Proverbs 8:17-21

One of my greatest desires of God is wisdom.  Looking back over years of prayer journals, that is the one request most often seen.  Today He reminded me that He hears that prayer.  All I have to do is ask and He is prepared to pour it out like water in the desert. 

This week I purchased the devotional Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  It's already changed my quiet time with the Lord!  The premise of this book is that Sarah has recorded her conversations with God over a period of time, specifically what He has said to her.  It is written as if Jesus is speaking.  Awesome! 

I've always struggled with my prayer time being one sided, me doing all the talking.  No comments from the peanut gallery here!  What I've realized through this book is that I can still write and be listening.  After I read whatever He leads me to that day, I then record what He is telling me through that particular passage or verse.  I begin with "Dear Ann-Marie" as if He is writing me a letter.  Wow!!  

God is ALWAYS speaking.  I am NOT always listening!   But thankfully, He is a generous and loving Father, ready, willing, and able to give me wisdom.  The means of blessing are as varied as His creation.  This week He used a book, an author, to bestow me with a bit more wisdom and I am so very grateful.  

FYI, this is what He said to me today:
Dear Ann-Marie,
The desire you have for wisdom will bring you blessings beyond measure.  You will gain more knowledge, insight, and understanding.  As you focus on Me and our relationship, you will experience peace in every aspect of your life.  Even in the trials and the difficulties ...Peace!!  You will SEE blessings that you would miss otherwise.
Seek Me and you WILL find Me! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful quote, and great way to start off a weekend!

Blue Cotton Memory said...

Beautiful! Simply beautiful! It seems for the last few years, I have been praying for self-discipline to use wisdom correctly, especially when dealing with teens who don't always play by the same rules!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment Friday on my SITS Day. It blessed me - and led me here! I am so glad I came!

Links to this post